We are pleased to offer Sunday School services at Christ Church, Kettleby – in a warm and inclusive setting, open to the grace of God, where children can integrate the love of God deep within themselves, knowing that they are in the loving care of God and that they can depend on God for help and love.
We follow the “Sermon 4 Kids” curriculum (www.sermon4kids.com), which coincides and supports the theme, key message and outline of our regular services – just in a manner in which children may be better able to relate, understand and apply in their daily lives.
Sunday School offers an interactive and engaging experience.
• Gather in a circle, light a candle and say a prayer
– Jesus said he was the light of the world. The candle is the symbol of the presence of the Holy Spirit here with us now.
• By name, each child is told by the Sunday School teacher that they are the beloved of God
– God made you so as to love you. God made you special and God loves you very much.
• Bible story themed to a specific scripture and key verse
• Questions and conversation to check for understanding
• Closing prayer
We return and reunite for Holy Communion, the Doxology, closing hymn and blessings.
All children are welcome to attend Sunday School services. For more information, or to confirm your interest/participation, or if you wish to co-host, please contact Rev. Sheilagh Ashworth.